May 24, 2020
Additional Points of Contemplation, Discussion, and Application
- Broken people are all around me. They are usually seeking something else other than Jesus. Could the reason I don’t recognize them is that I am seeking something else, too?
- How might I begin to recognize them and begin making room for them in my life?
- Jesus never asks me to give something I do not have, but he never asks me to give less than I have either. Luke 9:23
- What do I believe or want that keeps me from fully following Jesus?
- Do I treat others the way I want Jesus to treat me?
- After his ascension, Jesus continues his work and ministry through the Holy Spirit, working through his disciples. If Jesus is working in you, he will be working through you!
- How is Jesus continuing his work of making disciples in relational communities through me?
- There is power in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- Do I attempt to use the name and power of Jesus to get what I desire?
- How might I use the Name and Power of Jesus to do what he desires?
- Can I trust the Holy Spirit to show me where Jesus is working?
- Jesus is the only Gate. All other gates leave you wrecked and wasted.
- How have I tried to find fulfillment and satisfaction and purpose in things other than Jesus? John 14:6
- What is an idol?
- What Satan tells me I need is not what I need.
- What lie of Satan have I believed about what I need?
- What truth of Jesus deals with that lie?
- Healed people praise Jesus for their healing.
- Have I lost my joy?
- Do I care more about how people do things than I do who they are done for and who is doing them?
- Why don’t I worship or love God with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind?
- Why can’t I lighten up and enjoy what Jesus is doing rather than critiquing it?
- People are amazed when they see someone transformed.
- How do I respond when I see Christ-followers who are on fire for Jesus?
- What is Jesus doing in my life now, that would bring amazement to others, and glory to Jesus?
- Jesus is not in the building; he is in his people.
- Do I really believe that Jesus’ plan is to change lives, reach others, continue his mission, and expand his kingdom is through me?
- What does that mean for my life?
- People do not need things from Jesus; they need Jesus. When you get Jesus, you get his family.
- Do I seek more of Jesus in and through me, or do I other interests?
- Do I value the Family of Christ above my self and my interests?
What is the Holy Spirit showing me right now?
What am I going to about it?
Who am I going to share it with this week?